However, the app can sometimes malfunction and stop working properly. Hopefully, one of the methods laid out above helped you get it working once again.
- When the likes of you and me want to configure our Windows settings, we’re expected to use the friendly graphical interfaces built into Windows, such as the PC Settings app or the Device Manager.
- Sometimes, if you’re dealing with issues downloading updates, pausing and resuming Windows Update can help to fix the problem.
- The Windows Registry is a database that stores numerous configuration settings.
- Continue reading this tutorial and learn how to edit the Windows registry offline.
- Then, click Yes on the UAC prompt to open the Registry Editor.
DirectX 12, the latest version of Microsoft’s popular gaming API, is a key element of Windows 10 gaming. Along with the chipset drivers, you will also find your onboard LAN drivers for an optimal internet connection. All graphics cards, no matter how old or new, benefit from continually updated drivers. Your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is the core of your PC gaming experience. However, the GPU requires the latest Windows driver to keep it working faster and better. Windows 10 will automatically update your OS and schedule a restart without your permission.
Why might I want to edit the Registry directly?
The text you enter could appear out of order and the text cursor will have issues unexpectedly in apps that use the multibyte character set (MBCS). To check if you have the latest version of Windows 10 on a PC, you can always just download and run this Microsoft tool.… Click Here